Thursday, August 31, 2017

WITH A NEW BED, COMES A NEW QUILT


Here is a quilt that I have done before but smaller.

My husband and I keep our little grandson often. 

He has outgrown his little play pen.

So we purchased him a little bed.

With a new bed comes a new quilt.




I wanted the quilt big enough to go over the sides but I forgot about the rails on the side.



I love this little design, it makes up really fast.

I used my Accuquilt go Train die.

I wish I had the Accuquilt Go alphabet die, maybe one day.


Now to make a pillowcase that matches it.

So fun seeing all of this come together.

------------------------------



Island Batik Ambassadors are having a Back to School blog hop

You can go to their blog and enter their giveaway.  They are giving away three gorgeous fat quarter bundles.

Most ambassadors are have a giveaway as well...won't you join us?



WEEK 1

Tuesday, September 5 – Country Dozen
Cheryl Lynch Quilts • Inspired Layers
Wednesday, September 6 – Bonsai
Little Bunny Quilts
Thursday, September 7 – Sakura
Masterpiece Quilting

WEEK 2

Monday, September 11 – Fresh Pick’ins
KISSed Quilts
Tuesday, September 12 – Lotus Blooms
Kathys Kwilts and More
Wednesday, September 13 – Olivera
Joan Kawano • Vicki’s Crafts and Quilting
Thursday, September 14 – Rise & Shine
Den Syende Himmel • Sally’s Quilting Corner
Friday, September 15 – Diner Days
Ark Angel Creations • Karen Overton

WEEK 3

Monday, September 18 – Seas the Day
KISSed Quilts • Whispers of Yore
Tuesday, September 19 – Vineyard
The Inquiring Quilter • Inchworm Fabrics
Wednesday, September 20 – Abalone
PamelaQuilts • Yellow Cat Quilts
Friday, September 22 – Captain’s Anchor
Purrfect Spots Designs • Beaquilter

WEEK 4

Tuesday, September 26 – Lobster Bake
Seams to be Sew
Wednesday, September 27 – Solstice
Bejeweled Quilts • heARTs Creations
Thursday, September 28 – Sour Apple
Seams Like a Dream • Kauffman Designs
Friday, September 29 – Zen
Lizard Creek Quilting • Quilt’n Party


8 comments:

Annie said...

So cute! The perfect "big boy" quilt for him. It looks awesome on the bed.

Gene Black said...

What a darling little quilt for a darling little fellow. I love the name on it too.
Thanks for the heads up on the Island Batik hop and giveaway.

Needled Mom said...

So cute, Barb. He will love it too.

KaHolly said...

Too, too cute! Bet he loves it!

Lesley said...

What a sweet little quilt! He will love sleeping under that one!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Such a cute quilt. He will love it.

Unknown said...

Perfect, don't you just love having grandchildren over? It's my fav. How old is he? My littlest one will be 2 in Dec and the oldest is 26 and given me two great grands! Good to hear from you.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Adorable little quilt. It might not drape over the bed like you envisioned but it won't effect how cuddly it is for a cute little boy.

I'm off to check out the hop...